- Support for Visual Studio 2022
- Support for .NET 6 Migrations (Visual Studio 2022 only)
- New Extension Manager
- Controls extension installation for different versions of Visual Studio
- Handles Visual ReCode Licensing
- Speeds up extension updates
- The error about Newtonsoft.Json not being loaded when running a Guided Migration upgrade is fixed.
- The IndexOutOfRangeException when running WCF to gRPC migrations is fixed.
- Reduced memory usage to avoid Out Of Memory errors.
- Various other optimization and fixes.
- WCF service migrations to gRPC for .NET 5
- New Guided Project Upgrade tool
- Upgrades one project at a time in the optimal order
- Automatically detects NuGet packages for compatibility and installs updates when necessary
- Refactored Visual ReCode Engine to run as a standalone service, freeing memory in Visual Studio.
- Support for WCF Duplex services
- Support for “Session Required” services
- Migration Documents (
- Resolved issue with types in indirectly-referenced projects.
- Trial mode and licensing code has been added for the commercial release.
- Generate WCF-contract-compatible client wrapper for gRPC clients
- .NET Standard 2.1
- .NET 4.5
- Generate streaming gRPC methods for
IEnumerable<T> WCF methods
- Maintain original project structure in generated Solutions
- Handle more data types for parameters and return values
- Preview solution structure before writing to disk
- Better error handling
- Fix potential infinite loop when scanning for dependencies
- Field names in
.proto files are now
snake_case in line with the Protobuf style guide. This does not change the generated C# classes.
- Migrate simple WCF request/reply services to ASP.NET Core 3.0 gRPC
- Wizard interface via Get started… menu item
- Drag-and-drop from Solution Explorer to Visual Recode solution view
- Generate gRPC
.proto interface declaration file from
[DataContract] types to new project
- Map gRPC service calls to
- Generate conversions between Protobuf messages and
- Generate mapping of Protobuf data types to .NET data types
- Copy dependencies to target project
- Add dependencies to ASP.NET Core IoC container
- Produce HTML report with details of migration